Monday, January 28, 2013

Coaching USF

Since moving to Florida, I have been coaching the USF Women's rugby team with Jeff Alexander. Jeff is a forwards guy and I, of course, am a back, so it works really well. The USF ladies were without a coach for a few seasons before we took the role, so they were a bit unorganized and lacking in discipline. Since the fall they have established a base of committed players, who are working hard on their development as players.

This past fall, they scored for the first time in a couple of seasons, and though they didn't get a win, they didn't lose every match (they tied one). Saturday, they played their first matrix match in a year and lost a close one. Despite losing, I was very proud of them. They surprised me, especially with their aggression. I just wanted to give them a "virtual shoutout" and say that I am excited about being a part of this team's development.

No comments:

Post a Comment